Latest news Older news
Better error-message in place
If you attempt to:
- make a language with an external name that is alredy in use
- rename a language to an external name that is alredy in use
Pinned: 2015-02-22 00:07
Please don't resubmit new languages
It is not possible to create a language twice by using the back-button and resubmitting. Instead of doing that, please see if the language has already been created, by for instance searching for it. If the external name is already in use by some other language you'll also have trouble.
I'm working on adding better error-messages for this situtaion when adding a a language but in the meantime, check if the first try worked.
Pinned: 2015-02-21 21:25
2015-07-27 20:45 Changed language: Leopardish III
2015-07-27 20:44 Changed language: Leopardish I
What defines your conlang?
By adding your language here, and answering the questions by choosing a single value for each relevant WALS-feature (e.g. it's not a goal to answer every single one of them!), you might discover new things in your conlang, or grammar gaps that need to be filled somehow. By reading the descriptions of each feature at WALS, you also get a crash course in linguistic typology and universals – but be warned, some of those papers are overly scholarly...
- Pick some features and values at random, then try to make a language out of that.
- What would the most average conlang look like? Should it be updated to stay the most average?
- Contrary, would a conlang with many rare and unusual features be usable at all?
New stuff and changes have been moved to its own page. See also the link in the footer.