See News for changes and github for code from now on.
- The source of CALS can now be downloaded from the Downloads-tab in trac. Ticket #48
- New Translations-section now up. Can't add translations from there yet though.
- The backend-bits for translating the background into other languages are now in place, see the list of languages with background and all their translations.
- A system for viewing/adding/changing translatoins have been added. See for instance translations in Testarossa. The "greeting"-field now uses this system, there was some bugs connected to that fact (trouble with "greeting3"), these are now fixed.
- A Kennaway-style list of languages have been added, the JRK list.
- An update in the underlying framework, Django, had a very annoying backwards incompatible change that, among other things, made it impossible to add a new user properly and fscked the home-page. I also suspect the same bug made it impossible to add new languages. I've fixed the profiles manually, but: Foxfire and Psychrophile, you might want to pop by and set it up right. *grmbl!* now I have to fix the zillion other django-things I develop also...
Scary deadlines at work this month so less spare time than usual.
- Updating Django lead to the dreaded "ImproperlyConfigured"-error, they are hard to debug but now things work again. Meh. Hate 'em.
- Made it possible to choose type of language-comparison: the default is as before, listing all features of every language. Now it is also possible to look at only the similarities, or only the differences.
- Fixed the last (I hope) bugs with the new managers/editors system...
- You can now be an "editor" and a "manager" of a language. This makes it possible for more than one person to edit a language without setting it to be editable by all. Ticket #39.
- Averageness of conlang is now stored with the lang itself, and visible on the details-page. Ticket #44.
- Changed the algorithm for scoring averageness of conlangs. Before, languages with few features automatically got low averageness, now the number of features in the language doesn't matter.
- Started on an "about"-page
The developer was on vacation for most of July hence few changes.
- Comparison/combination of features, as in WALS (but without the maps... Ticket #43
- Upgraded trac. Ticket #38
- People are now sorted by display name, and there's now a way to set whether the username should be used as the display name regardless of whether personal/family name have been set. Ticket #36
- A language can now have a description per feature of how that feature is expressed in the language. Ticket #27
- A little info about the background for each language can now be added.
- People now have countries, complete with a bit of statistics. Ticket #8
- Added RSS-feeds for recently joined people, recently added languages and recently modified languages.
- You can now compare languages directly on the language detail page. Ticket 16
- It is now possible to record vocabulary size for a language
- Comparisons are now possible, see Comparison of lojban and klingon. Ticket 16
- The statistics-page has grown a little...
- There's now a statistics-page, currently containing only easily generated stats. Ticket 18
- All tickets before open beta has been closed, that means it is time for... Open Beta!
- CALS now has a better url, cals.conlang.org , courtesy of the LCS
- There is now a procedure to add features
- There can now be local descriptions on each feature
- Tags in tag cloud now clickable, leads to a list of which languages have that tag.
- Greetings now show on all pages.
- All features but the flawed 141 () is now in. Big thanks to Arthaey Angosii!
- All the stuff in the TODO has either been done or been added as tickets at Bugs and features.
- The homepage of a language is now actually linked up on the details-page...
- It is now possible to mark whether or not the conlang can be considered to be "of earth", internal history wise.
- Tagging of languages is now possible.
- Languages now have friendlier urls.
- The person who added a language is now stored automatically.
- It is now possible to both change passwords and have them reset. Change away!
- There was an error in the names of values in feature 137, this is now fixed.
- All pages now validate as XHTML 1.0 Strict. Yes, this means it is a bug if they stop validating, so report away.
- Twitter-support... because it is extremely easy!
- After logging in, you're now sent back to the page you where on when you pressed the "log in"-link.
- A language can now be set to readonly for all but the adder (the change-link is hidden to all but the adder).
- Added a random greeting in front of your name when logged in.
- Added a favicon.
- Added a bugtracker. If you want to change something or report bugs, go there and make a New ticket.
- A person's displayed name can now be different from username.
- All relevant WALS-features are in.
- Languages can now have both an ascii-safe name and an internal, full-unicode, name.
- There are now links in the footer.
- Started CALS